Saturday 28 December 2013

It's the end of the year, but the start of new things...


 〜                                                            
I've finally decided to get this blog up and running...it's new on its legs so you will have to bear with me!

I am by no means an expert on anything..just planning on writing my thoughts mainly on curly haircare and my own hair journey, as well as sharing DIY recipes, and what I find generally works for me, that will hopefully work for other people.

 〜                                                             

About Me 

I'm Chloe, born and raised in London. I'm a student and artist on a year out until September when I'm off to university, which means I have time on my hands to explore different projects, as well as my biggest project...my curls!

I'm of mixed heritage, I don't like to say mixed 'race' because we're all part of the human race...right?! I've got Jamaican, Welsh/English and South Indian roots.

My Hair

For those who follow the Andre Walker hair typing system, I think my hair falls between the '3b' and '3c' category, but my hair is a real mixture of looser wavier curls, and thicker coily curls. I'm just letting my hair grow regardless - healthy hair is my goal! I'll be doing more posts about my hair as I go along.

 If you want to know more about the hair typing system, click here


My Journey, So Far!

In short, I have battled with insecurities about my hair since I was about twelve, mostly because of other people. I'm finally, finally coming to love my hair and accepting my curls - after years of bad heat damage and a heap of products with damaging ingredients, I think I'm now finally getting to grips with what is right for my hair. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm trying to document it positively and share my experiences with others, one of the reasons for this blog! 

 *Stay posted for a more detailed post about my hair journey since 2008 complete with pictures* 

 〜                                                           

                              

0 comments:

Post a Comment